Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Random Thoughts

BED! REST! IS! NO! FUN!
(That will be all I have to say about that.)

I have made it to 36 weeks, 2 days...
Seems funny to think that we are so close to bringing a new baby into our home.  It is exciting and so terrifying at the same time.

I am very excited to know if the tiny human we have done so much preparation for and already love so much will be a boy or girl.  I am still glad we made the decision not to find our the gender, but for the last 2 weeks I have been so anxious to know the answer.  (Probably because that is all I can think about while on bed rest : ))

Do we have everything we need to care for a tiny human?  If there is anything you can think of that we might not have thought of, please let us know!

Do I really have the skills to take care of a tiny human?  Through my job I work with and give advice to parents of infants everyday.  Can I really put into practice what I tell the parents?  Friends have told me it will come naturally...I hope they are right.

"Rest now..."  What?  That is all I am doing... I don't think God created our bodies to store sleep/rest like a savings account at CB&T.  So I am "resting now."  We will see if that has any effect on the sleep I will miss out on once the tiny human arrives.  I doubt it!

I am blessed with the most amazing husband!  He has been wonderful about doing everything while I haven't been able to help!

We are blessed with wonderful parents who constantly show us how much they love and support us.

My mom especially is amazing!  I am almost sure there is nothing in my house that she hasn't done in the past 3 weeks.

I can't wait to know when the tiny human will make his/her entrance into this crazy world!

How are the logistics of Christmas going to work with a baby?  Packing everything to travel even a short distance and/or for only one or two nights for a baby seems overwhelming.

How can I keep the germs away???  Am I going to be a complete germ-a-phobe???

This post is titled "random thoughts" for a reason.  These are the things I can't stop thinking of while I continue to wait.  There are plenty more...I will save those for later.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment